|Engine Type||Inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 16 valves|
|Bore and Stroke||79.0 x 66.2mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Front Suspension||48mm fork; fully adjustable, 5.3-in travel|
|Rear Suspension||Single shock; adjustable preload and rebound damping, 4.9-in travel|
|Front Brakes||Dual 320mm disc, UBS ABS|
|Rear Brakes||282mm disc, UBS ABS|
|Front Tire||120/70-ZR17 radial|
|Rear Tire||180/55-ZR17 radial|
|Seat Height||31.7 or 32.5 in.|
|Fuel Capacity||6.6 gal.|
|Dry Weight||Curb Weight: 637 lb.|
|Transmission||5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
* Price shown is based on the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) and is subject to change. MSRP excludes destination charges, optional accessories, applicable taxes, installation, setup and/or other dealer fees.
- The FJR1300A boasts lots of features sure to grab the attention of many riders. The aggressive styling, including the headlight cowl and side fairing, are not only great looking, they also help improve comfort and aid in weather protection.
- Riders can select D-mode (Drive-mode) for varying mappings, giving the motorcycle exceptional versatility. This works in conjunction with YCC-T® (Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle), generating engine character that can be sportier or more relaxed depending on riding situations.
- Traction control developed from MotoGP® technology is standard on the FJR1300A. While engaged, the system detects wheel spin and adjusts ignition timing, fuel injection volume, and throttle opening to help maintain traction. The system is designed to let the operator ride on roads that have limited traction with more confidence.
- Another feature now standard on the FJR1300A is cruise control. Riders can set cruising speed with the push of a button on the left handlebar to provide comfort and ease on extended road trips.
- A three-part instrument panel provides riders with all the information they need while enjoying the road. Riders can easily customize the display to show the information they want.
- LED front turn signals/position lights give the FJR1300A the modern, high-tech look sport touring riders want.
- A pushbutton-adjustable windscreen and a thick comfy seat for two are perfect for comfortable, long-distance riding.
- FJR1300A includes a two-position adjustable rider seat, low for shorter riders or nearly 1-inch higher for a more spacious feel for taller riders, plus handlebars that can be adjusted to one of three different positions. The result is a superb, custom-fit ride.
- Compact, lightweight 1298cc, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine delivers power and torque for an unequaled spread of muscle over a wide rpm range.
- Slant-block engine design uses stacked, tri-axis gearbox shafts that help minimize powerplant size while optimizing chassis geometry for balanced weight distribution and great handling.
- Lightweight forged pistons with carburized connecting rods provide superb strength and reduced reciprocating mass for outstanding high rpm durability and performance.
- FJR1300A features a traction control system for great riding confidence even on roads with limited traction.
- Advanced fuel injection system is ideal for long-distance supersport touring, delivering crisp, seamless throttle response in a variety of altitude/weather conditions.
- Low-vibration crankshaft with two gear-driven secondary counterbalancers help deliver an extra-smooth ride with reduced rider/passenger fatigue.
- The throttle body is redesigned, and the shape of the funnel and the shape and length of the exhaust pipe have been changed to use the YCC-T system.
- The Yamaha D-Mode system offers riders a choice of T-Mode or S-Mode. T-Mode provides good performance characteristics needed for touring. The S-mode maximizes the performance characteristics for a sportier ride.
- Cruise control adjusts speed via a single push to the switch or, for larger adjustments, by continuously pushing the switch. Application of the brakes, clutch or throttle automatically releases the cruise control function. There is also a “resume” function that returns the cruise control to the most recent setting.
- Four-into-one-into-two stainless-steel exhaust optimizes engine performance across the powerband.
- Sharp-looking bodywork and air-management system keep the bike and rider cool; a central vent beneath the instrument panel cools the rider and reduces negative pressure for less buffeting, and fairing side panels with tool-less adjustability let the rider direct airflow.
- The fork design incorporates an aluminum piston rod and plunger and features a spring rate. Rear shock damping and spring rate are revised for rider comfort, especially when riding with a passenger and/or rear cargo for a sportier ride.
- Long swingarm provides even better ride and handling characteristics, and rear spring preload adjustment is a snap.
- Standard equipment Unified Braking System w/ABS: The front brake lever activates six of the eight front braking pistons; the rear brake pedal activates two rear pistons and the other two front pistons — provides balanced anti-lock braking in all conditions.
- Ergonomically shaped, large-capacity, 6.6-gallon fuel tank offers excellent comfort and range and is constructed of steel allowing for the use of magnetic tank bags.
- Dual catalyzers and an O2 sensor are located in the exhaust for excellent fuel injection control range and low emissions.
- The upper cowl and the under-cowl are designed for superior wind protection. The under-cowl’s adjustable panel can be adjusted without tools.
- Heated grips come standard on the FJR1300A and offer riders even more convenience.
- Subframe-fitted quick-release luggage mounts provide easy use of the standard accessory hard sidecases, which are conveniently matched to the ignition key.
- Slim profile even with bags in place for excellent in-town maneuverability.
- Suede-look dual seat features two-part construction using different foam densities for the front and rear sections, ensuring plush comfort for both rider and passenger.
- The windscreen adjusts over a wide range for improved wind protection with little negative pressure and the adjustment speed is now twice as fast, and the screen holds its position when the key is turned off.
- Sharp, “two-eyed” headlights with daytime LED running lights add to visibility and modern styling, and feature easy-access adjustment knobs so the rider can adjust the lights up or down.
- Glove box contains a 12V outlet for phones, GPS units, electric vests, etc.
- Standard tool kit located in convenient storage compartment under passenger seat.
- The instrumentation includes everything a rider wants to know, including gear position.
- Handlebar switches on both the right and left control heated-grip temperature, electronic windscreen adjustments, and the instrument panel display.
- The dash and instrument panel offer modern styling with a three-part arrangement: an analog meter on the left, a digital speedometer in the center, and a multi-dot display on the right.
- Type: 1298cc liquid-cooled Inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 16 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 79.0 x 66.2mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.8:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel Injection
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Suspension / Front: 48mm fork; fully adjustable, 5.3-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock; adjustable preload and rebound damping, 4.9-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual 320mm disc, UBS ABS
- Brakes / Rear: 282mm disc, UBS ABS
- Tires / Front: 120/70-ZR17 radial
- Tires / Rear: 180/55-ZR17 radial
- Length: 87.8 in.
- Width: 29.5 in.
- Height: 52.2 or 57.3 in.
- Seat Height: 31.7 or 32.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 60.8 in.
- Ground Clearance: 5.1 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 26 deg.
- Trail: 4.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 6.6 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 36 mpg
- Wet Weight: 637 lb. / CA 639 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)